Adware Removal Software: Best 3 in 2021
When browsing the internet, there are ads everywhere. They might even pop out every now and then, which is pretty annoying. Little do you know, these pop-up ads are due to adware, an advertising-supported software that aims to make money. The problem with adware is you might install third-party adware, which sometimes opens doors to spyware, ransomware, and malware. That's not always the case, but it's better to be safe than sorry by installing adware removal software that will protect your device. And we're here today to tell you all about the best adware removal software. If you're interested to know more, stay with us.
How do Advertisers Make Money?
There are multiple ways they can make money through adware. These include the following:
- Pay-per-view (PPV): They get paid per view every time the ad is shown to a person.
- Pay-per-click (PPC): They get paid every time you click on the ad.
- Pay-per-install (PPI): They get paid every time the device is purchased.
How do Third-parties Benefit?
There are multiple reasons why third parties rely on adware. These include:
- A wider audience will view their product.
- Collect data about users for better advertising strategies.
How do I Get Adware?
You can download adware on your device either through:
- Free programs or mobile apps
- Personalized advertisements
- When trying software that comes with adware
You'll know your device is infected when it starts slowing down, continually crashes, and ads are seen everywhere. So, what should you do in that case?
How Can I Remove Adware From my Device?
It's essential to keep your device safe at all times, whether from adware or any other malicious infection that'll affect your device. There are several ways like:
- Update your device's software: Updates are made to protect your device from the latest malware, so make sure to constantly update your device's software to protect it from any virus.
- Always be cautious: Avoid opening suspicious websites because you never know when hackers will trick you.
- Read the terms before installing software: To avoid installing any adware that comes with the app/software.
- Read reviews: Users who have tried the software/app will give honest reviews about their experience.
All of these are important, but they're not enough to keep you safe without adware removal software that will protect your device from ANYTHING, including cybercriminals. Keep reading to know more about the best adware removal software.
How to make your computer faster
Top 3 Adware Removal Software
1. Norton 360
The best and our top favorite pick is Norton 360. Norton 360 is not like any other it offers excellent adware removal software. Not to mention its malware, spyware, and ransomware scanning. It can detect anything. It has the best features out of all the antiviruses out there. These include:
- Online threat detection
- SafeCam protects from cybercriminals hacking your camera. (for windows)
- Dark web Monitoring
- Cloud Backup (for Windows)
- Password Manager
- Parental Control
- School Time
Norton's downside is it's overpriced compared to other antiviruses, ranging between $39.99-69.99/year depending on the plan you choose. There's a 7-day free trial and you can get a refund after 60-day if you changed your mind.
Avira antivirus is another excellent choice for adware removal. With its real-time scanner, there's nothing to worry about. It comes with a "PUA shield" that warns users of any ad in advance before you even download it.
PUA (Potentially Unwanted Applications): Programs you choose not to download on your device
Let's not forget that it specializes in detecting keyloggers, including those who save anything you type. These include your private messages, credit card numbers, and some critical data they might steal.
Like Norton and other of the best antiviruses out there, Avira has many other features. Let's take a look:
- Ad Blocker
- Blocks phishing websites
- Cloud operation: Detection doesn't take place on your computer. Antivirus protection: Real-time protection against all malware files on your computer.
- Browser safety: Blocks phishing sites, trackers, and unwanted ads
- Safe shopping: Recommends better deals online.
- Software updates: Keeps your devices up to date
- Limited VPN: To browse your internet safely, you'll get 500MB/month
- Password Manager: Saves your passwords and recommends strong ones
- Game Booster
- PC tune-up tools: Cleans junk, speeds your computer and reduces lags.
It has all that, and it's fast, lightweight, and reliable. So, it won't impact your system in any way. If you want to try it out, plans start from $49.99/year with a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can even try it for free before deciding if it's the one for you.
If you ever heard about McAfee before, you'll understand why it's one of the best antiviruses. The antivirus can protect your device from anything. Any adware, spyware, malware, and even protects you from entering phishing websites. Other security features available include:
- Safe browsing
- Ransomware, malware, & spyware protection
- Unlimited VPN
- Encrypted Storage (128-bit encryption)
- Home Network Security (firewall)
- PC performance optimization
- Password Manager
- 24/7 identity theft support (only for customers in the US)
- Multi-device compatibility
Don't worry if you're a beginner; it's straightforward and can be easily set up. If you face any problem, you can contact their friendly customer support either on live chat, phone or refer to their multilingual community forum. There's a 30-day free trial to decide if it's the one for you. After the 30-day you'll have to register for one of their plans.
Overall, we think it's always safer to download an antivirus that will protect your device from anything other than installing an adware-removal. That's why the three mentioned above are excellent choices that will protect your device and benefit from VPNs that'll access geo-blocked content. Pick and choose, but make sure to protect your device.